Thursday, April 24, 2008

Taking A Closer Look at Wii Fit


IGN Discusses Wii Fit With Fitness Expert
Esquire Magazine's fitness columnist, James Mitchell, tests out Nintendo's killer app: Does it live up to its name?

Great rundown of Wii Fit over at IGN today– they've brought in fitness guru James Mitchell of Esquire to help turn a better trained critical eye towards the game. You can read the story, Wii Fit: The Professional Opinion, here

Overall he seemed to like it a lot, especially the aerobic portions and clever use of the Wii Balance Board. 

"The good thing about the aerobics and balance stuff is that it's fun so just crack on. It's a great way of doing fitness, it's interactive. One of our biggest problems with clients is getting over the fact that training can be boring – some people can't stand gyms, can't stand running. Wii Fit can potentially make fitness feel more accessible to people who don't think it is –a gym is a very intimidating place for a lot of people."


"If someone has a use for it and uses it in a responsible, educated manner, then it's definitely worth it," says James, "after all, it's cheaper than an exercise bike and, frankly, a lot more fun."

It's going to be really crazy when Wii Fit is launched in North America. I can definitely see my mom being interested in it, not to mention millions and millions of other Americans. The fitness obsessed culture here is going to eat this up like noone's business. 

Are you (or do you know anyone) interested in Wii Fit? What sort of splash do you think a Wii game like this will make stateside?

5 comments:

Noelle said...

Okay I freaking want one. Haha.

That looks fun!
What do you think?

Noelle said...

What is Animal crossing?

Kristen said...

That does look like fun! So why do you think there is no Hell? I'm not going to give you a heard time, just wanna know what you think.

Kathryn said...

This game is going to sell a lot, I agree. I doubt I'll get it though. I get enough of a workout playing Wii Sports! LOL!

Oh, and in response to your last comment on my page... No. I don't think firemen are sexy. I'm not surprised you think so though. Not surprised at all. =)

Kristen said...

First of all Jesse, I will not give you a hard time. There's no point in me being beligerent-really. I love talking with people so I enjoy hearing what you have to say, even if I may not agree with it.
I'm interested in hearing more about how you feel Mohammed "completes" God/Jesus. Tell me more. Are you scared that you may be wrong about hell/eternity? How do you feel about Jesus?
On a different note,I hope you have a nice weekend! See you in class Tuesday. Your blog has improved. funny picture of the wii exercise guy!