Friday, April 25, 2008

IMHO Slow Day; Let's Talk About:

Thursday's Office Episode
Just watched last night's office episode for the second time, and I like it even better. But I need your opinion on something...

I've got nothing on the Wii today. I haven't even played my Wii in a couple days because I've been so into Animal Crossing: Wild World. Honestly, I am so into that game right now! I've had outstanding status in my town for the past three days (that means my town is freeaaking beautiful!!) and I just nailed a classic carpet today thanks to my bud, Barina.  Things have never been better for Gay Nerd in our tidy village of Nor' Tit. 

*If you've never played Animal Crossing, I apologize if you had no clue what that meant. Noelle, since you asked, Animal Crossing is a quirky life simulation game where you play as a human who's set out on their own (just like all of us college kids!... sort of) and move to a small country town full of anthropomorphic talking animals. Those are your neighbors and they say the most hilarious things. You're pretty much free to do whatever you want. Lately I've been gardening and that's why my town is so beautiful. You get rated by the HRA (Happy Room Academy) on how well the interior of your house is set up, so when I say "classic carpet" I mean that I got the flooring that belongs to the "classic" furniture set, which I've been collecting. You can read more about Animal Crossing games here

I want to talk about my current favorite show as of the past two years, The Office. I'm sure many of you, like me, watched the new episode the other night. "Night Out", as it's called because Dwight and Michael head out to the big apple to pick up femininas

Like the "Dinner Party" episode two weeks ago, The Office has been really painful to watch, much like the original UK series. Watching Jim eff up everyone's night with what he thought was a good plan to prevent them from coming in on Saturday was not pleasant. This was interesting for me just to see the evolving dynamics between Jim, Pam, and the other coworkers. 

The real hilarity for me, and why I love this episode, is Michael's whole "it's not the horniness as much as the loneliness" mantra. Seeing Ryan's new douche character turn out to be on drugs was a great dose of dark humor to compliment Michael's at times ironic behavior: best example of this is the classic ending Michael epiphany scene after Ryan passes out from the drugs and Michael looks at the camera to say "best night ever." Michael goes on to say how this night was so awesome in spite of him not "getting laid" because "it's not the horniness, it's the loneliness" and he's spending the night with "his boys" (Ryan and Dwight both sleeping in the background, after anything but a fun night -except perhaps for Dwight).

I'm wondering how everyone feels about Jim and Pam? I really think they're going to break up eventually. I know there's people who interpreted last week's episode as the pair's definitely going to be engaged, but I couldn't feel more the opposite. Jim said he got the ring one week after they started dating? I'd be amazed if he ever proposes. That relationship's gonna hit the fan eventually. 

What do you all think will happen with Jim and Pam? What would you like to see happen? I've got more questions: What did you think of this episode or any of the post-strike Office episodes? Please discuss!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I know after you and Paige blogged about it, I definitely need to watch it.

Animal Crossing sounds really cool. What gaming system is it for? I need to try it!

Kristen said...

Nothing to do with the Office-I think it would be easier for me to talk more with you in person rather than type-up a storm, so if you'd like to talk some more about faith and stuff, we can talk in the lounge sometime. have a great evening! Good luck with your paper. I'm working on it right after I post a blog! :)