Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Open My Eyes

Nintendo's "Disruption" Spelled Out
An eye-opening article for core Nintendo fans like myself who've been losing faith in Nintendo and are frustrated with the Wii.

This morning I was pointed to a fascinating article that has given me new hope in Nintendo's strategy with the Wii. This article by a dude named Sean Malstrom (his great website can be found here, loaded with other articles about the games industry) describes Nintendo's strategy of "disruption" for all of us too blind to comprehend it. Color me convinced. 

I am certainly one of many Wii owners frustrated with the third-party shovelware treatment for the Wii, it's relative underpowering compared to PS3 and the Xbox 360, and even Nintendo's own focus on games like Wii Sports. Please read this article

That all said, I'm sure not everyone will see eye-to-eye with Mr. Malstrom. What do you think of the article?

No comments: