Saturday, April 19, 2008

Looking Forward to Playing:


Okami (Wii) Meta Wiki
This 2006 Playstation 2 classic has finally been rereleased for the Wii

I remember hearing about Okami two years ago because there were constant comparisons to the Zelda series, not to mention it was winning multiple Game of the Year awards. I've never played it, so I'll be happy when I get the chance to experience it fresh on my Wii in widescreen. 

Okami is an action-adventure game heavily influenced by the Zelda series (as said by its director) about a god named Amaterasu, the sun god in the Shinto religion, who has taken the form of a white wolf. The game, as you can tell, builds a lot on Japanese religion and mythology. The game itself is well known for its outstanding gameplay, storyline, unique graphics and art direction. 

Anyway, if you have a Wii, definitely look into buying this game; it won IGN's GOTY award in 2006, beating out Nintendo's own Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and, from what I've heard, it's aged not at all. 


What do you think of Okami? Do you like action-adventure games like Zelda, or do you find them too time-consuming?

No comments: